Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lost and Found

Well, I was about to post to tell you about one of our two new cats, Christy, running away. But before I had a chance to get on, she showed up again. Which is great, even though it makes for a shorter story.
Basically, yesterday afternoon, we let Luna and Christy out and Luna came back about an hour later, but we never saw Christy until about an hour before now. We figured she either get picked off by a coyote in the woods (Don't remind me of the thought.) or she got taken in by somebody else. We assumed they'd take her to the vet or animal shelter eventually, and check the chip in her neck. (Nifty little things, apparently they're becoming mainstream for pets nowadays.) And that would lead them to our address/phone number etc.

Either way, we still put up some posters around the complex and tonight, someone either saw the posters we put out with our address and number. Or Christy somehow managed to stay dry and clean for almost a full twenty-four hours. Though its probable she may have snuck under some stairs/bushes/catwalks, I seriously doubt it.
All I know is, she's safe and sound with her sissy Luna, and I guess the people who found her must not have had any kitty food, cause she ate a whole bowl of wet food and then two straight bowls of dry food.
I'm thinking that could also be another reason they let her out, because they couldn't care for her, or what. Who knows what Christy did to those folks, she hasn't been de-clawed yet, and I'm not sure we ever plan to do so. But Hope was pretty much sobbing when she heard some kitty-howling and she opened the door and it just bounded in. Daniel just swooped her up on the couch and petted her over and over once she'd gotten her great huge meal in.

I kind of neglected to post about getting Luna and Christy after we gave up Blue to one of my Aunt's friend. But hey, better late than never, I'd suppose. I'm just happy they're back. :D

"If Shaw and Einstein couldn't beat death, what chance have I got? Practically none." - Mel Brooks

No comments: