Monday, October 29, 2007

Farm Trips

Hope dragged me, Joe, and Rachael out to some weird pumpkin farm about two hours away since her grandparents were visiting. It wasn't altogether horrible, I like the country, forgot my camera, though.
They had a hay ride that went through their old fashioned Christmas Tree farm, considering their pumpkins were a bit disgusting, personally. They had this very neat treehouse that was for show and the kids most likely, and the place was surprisingly popular. It's even better than the type of treehouse I've always thought about, though I imagine you can't build on a college campus.

They had a fishing pond with some surprisingly huge bass in it, and some old, dusty teepees. And what was funny, is they had an animal arm with a rabbit, chickens, and an old goat in it that I didn't even know was there until we came back on the hay ride. The bunnies were cute, and I grew a sort of attachment to the goat, but that may have been the funky fumes coming from the lettuce you could feed it.
They had a (Herding?) dog that loped around, but it was the most wimpy dog I've ever seen, it ran away from, like, everything. Me and Joe tried cornering it to pet it, but in the end it started getting this oh-my-effing-god-i'm-about-to-spazz-out look on its face, so we backed off.

All in all, it wasn't bad, but I swear, the drive time was insane..

"Be obscure clearly." - E.B. White

No comments: