Sunday, September 30, 2007

Autumn Twilight

The Fall is my favorite season, for one, because my birthday is in it. But it also has Halloween, my favorite holiday, but its not my favorite holiday cause of the candy, for me, that's just a bonus. I love scaring people, and the dark, and the creepiness. Cause I'm cool like that.
And the ditches fill up with brown, yellow, orange, and red leaves like a flood, and when you jump in them, it goes crunch. Honestly, it just looks pretty,
Though, by the time the trees are bare of leaves and sickly, its not quite as pretty, but you get my point.

I went on a couple mile hiking trail the other day, made of really soft sand that felt good even through your shoes. Hope dragged me off to it, but it really shows you the nature of Fall, atleast until the trees die, and stuff..
I brought my camera along, and I'm not a professional photographer or anything, and I don't intend to be, but I like snapping pictures of things. We saw a cute wittle rabbit somewhere along the way.
Plus Joe found a tire hubcap from what must've been a crazy-huge truck and a reflector of the bike. Plus there was this old water pump that must've been abandoned a long time ago, cause it was rusty and surrounded by a fence. And the part that went off over the lake was taped off with "POLICE LINE, DO NOT CROSS." and it was either a crime scene (Which I dearly wanted to see.) or the boardwalk was rotted through. Who knows.

I still took a picture of it.

"Elvis was the only man from Northeast Mississippi who could shake his hips and still be loved by rednecks, cops, and hippies. " - Jimmy Buffet

No comments: